Sunday, March 10, 2013

Malay news: BN hopes to wrest back Selangor

BN hopes to wrest back Selangor PETALING JAYA: Barisan Nasional hopes to wrest back Selangor from the Opposition and turn it into the first to achieve the Economic Transformation Programme target of a high-income state. Selangor Barisan Nasional coordinator and election deputy director Datuk Seri Mohd Zin Mohamed said they hoped to win back the country's richest state by engaging the grassroots and making the necessary adjustments based on their feedback. “To do that, the people must realise that the political equation in Selangor cannot be separated from that of Putrajaya,” he said on SwitchUp.tv's GE 13 Showdown: Mother of all Battles, hosted by Anne Edwards. Mohd Zin said that Selangor would need to synergise with the Federal Government to achieve high-income status. There are two million voters in Selangor, 50.3% of whom are Malays, 34% Chinese and 14% Indians. The age group 31-40 and 41-50 have about 480,000 voters each. The 21-to-30-year-olds make up 400,000 of the voters while those over 50 comprise around 645,000 voters, he said. He added that the younger voters were more Barisan-friendly as they had been in contact via social media and other methods. He said that the Barisan hotline received many complaints from the residents, especially regarding issues under the jurisdiction of local councils. On Barisan Selangor's manifesto, Mohd Zin said that it was in the final stages of drafting and would address the welfare, education and economic needs of the people.

Reactions:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Followers