Here is the timeline for March 8, as our security forces step up operations in Lahad Datu to deal with the terrorists.
10.02pm: No gun battle has been reported in Kampung Tanduo, Lahad Datu, in the last 24 hours, four days after security forces launched an offensive against Sulu militants.
9.38pm: Sabah government is prepared to provide appropriate land to realise the creation of a Special Security Area (KKK) in the state as announced by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
8.26pm: The National Press Club Malaysia (NPC) today advised journalists covering the security forces' offensive against Sulu militants in Sabah to exercise utmost caution.
6.47pm: Heavy shellings at the red zones of Kg Tanduo and Tanjung Batu in Felda Sahabat, Lahad Datu now.
6.46pm: The government's decision not to consider the request for a truce from the group of armed militants that had intruded into Sabah last Feb 12 was received favourably by observers who also wanted them to be flushed out immediately. Describing the decision as right, former army chief General (Rtd) Tan Sri Mohd Azumi Mohamed said the militants had been given the chance to retreat but remained adamant and chose instead to challenge the country's sovereignty
6.30pm: Rural and Regional Development Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal said the sovereignty of Sabah in Malaysian is not negotiable because history indicates that Sabah belongs to Malaysia. He said no party should make demands or question the sovereignty of Sabah in Malaysia because the chronology of history on the position of Sabah in Malaysia is clear and enshrined under the United Nation.
5.42pm: Former army commando chief Maj Gen (R) Datuk Ghazali Ibrahim praised the government's move in delaying military action against the terrorists as it would have legitimise their action in occupying Kampung Tanduo.
5.00pm: A total of 79 suspects, including women, were arrested in Sabah in connection with the Lahad Datu incident since Feb 12. They were picked under the Security Offences (Special Measures) Act 2012 , said Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Ismail Omar at a Press conference
4.44pm: Lahad Datu water department sent aids to villagers who were evacuated to Felda Sahabat following the intrusion in Kampung Tanduo.
4.42pm: 57 schools in Lahad Datu, Semporna to be reopened on Monday.
2.30pm: Second wave of air attacks start at Felda Sahabat.
1.30pm : Solat Hajat at all mosques
11.25am: 79 people have been arrested so far in Lahad Datu and Semporna since operations began.
11.23am: Ops Daulat: No contact was made with terrorists this morning. Offensive still on.
1.30 am: The silence was broken repeatedly with explosions, jolting Felda Sahabat villagers from their sleep early this morning. The New Straits Times heard the first explosions at about 1.30am.
The shelling intensified with its frequency increasing, with at least three consecutive explosions, every five to 20 minutes. It was at 2.30am when things went silent.
This was the first time, since Ops Daulat started that explosions could be heard from the media centre. We could not even hear explosions when the terrosits hideout was bombarded on Tuesday.
Security forces believe the terrorists are still holed up in Kg Tanduo and its adjacent Tanjung Batu.